Botulinum toxin is one of the most popular and carefully examined drugs used in aesthetic medicine’s exertions in the world.
Known and used for almost half a century, it is perfect not only in aesthetic medicine, but also in orthopedics, treatment of migraines, blepharospasm and hyperhidrosis. Such a broad spectrum of action in medicine indicates that its use – with the correct dosage – is as safe as possible.
Toxin is an unstable preparation and after 4-6 months – this period is individual for each patient – the effect of the treatment weakens and disappears.
The botulinum toxin type A (registered as a medicine and used not only in aesthetic medicine, but above all in neurology and ophthalmology) used by the Anna Pikura Clinic is used to treat mimic wrinkles, i.e. those that result from facial muscle contractions.
The operation of botox is reversible. Botulinum toxin is a natural substance that blocks the action of nerve cells that transmit impulses to the muscles. It inhibits reversibly the secretion of acetylcholine, thanks to which the neuromuscular conduction is blocked and the muscle does not shrink.
After a few months, new nerve connections are formed and the weakened muscle function returns. The wrinkles are gradually coming back, though smaller, because the muscle regains its strength.
Botuline is administered topically and does not generally work on the body but remains at the injection site.
Botox is used in places where excessive muscle activity is responsible for the formation of wrinkles. Botulinum toxin smoothes out:
- vertical wrinkles on the forehead called lion wrinkles,
- horizontal forehead wrinkles,
- wrinkles located around the eyes, so-called crow’s feet,
- lower eyelid wrinkles,
- nasal creases, or rabbit wrinkles,
- radial wrinkles around the mouth called smoker’s lines,
- beard trimming, so-called “stone beard”, “witch’s beard”.
- Botulin injections also raise the falling corners of the mouth and liquidate so-called gummy smile (when too many gums are visible during a smile).
Botulina is irreplaceable in the treatment of bruxism – excessive activity of the masseter muscles leading to strong teeth clamping and friction.
- the skin becomes firm and visibly rejuvenated,,
- furrows and creases on the forehead are eliminated,
- wrinkles around the eyes and lips are eliminated,
- Mefisto lift treatment allows you to lift the middle and lateral part of the eyebrows,
- Nefretete lift treatment improves facial contours and reduces neck wrinkles, so-called “ribbons” of the broad neck muscle,
- irreplaceable in the treatment of bruxism,
- clearly reduces hyperhidrosis.
The effects appear about 7 days after the procedure. The full effect is visible after 2 weeks and lasts up to 9 months. After treatment, the effect lasts longer. Even after the Botox operation, the skin looks younger and more “rested”.
COURSE OF TREATMENT
The drug is given as an injection into the muscle. The effect of the application is to smooth the wrinkles around the injection. The upper part of the face is most often the subject of therapy.
Botulinum toxin treatment is short and painless, as we mentioned, it consists in making a small amount of precise injections intramuscularly with a very fine needle. The doctor precisely determines the place where the medicine should be administered in order to achieve optimal results.
The treatment leaves no traces. In places of puncture a short reddening or bruise may appear, but they disappear very quickly, they can also be easily masked.
Immediately after the treatment, bending and lying should be avoided for 4 hours. Do not read with your head down, go to sleep, undergo caring, massage, rubbing and rubbing your face. You should also avoid the pressure difference (flight by plane, diving) for 48 hours after the procedure.
NUMBER OF TREATMENTS
It is usually enough to use one treatment with the right dose of botox to achieve the desired results. Nevertheless, after a period of about 2 weeks a follow-up visit is indicated. The doctor during the meeting assesses the effect of the treatment and, if necessary, provides the preparation.
Wrinkles elimination: from 100 PLN.
Bruxism therapy: from 1200 PLN.
Treatment of hyperhidrosis: armpits, hands, feet: 1800 PLN.
Price depends on the amount of botulin used.
For people with very advanced, deep wrinkles, we recommend combining the botulinum toxin with the filling of the remaining wrinkles with hyaluronic acid. The treatment during which the botulinum and hyaluronic acid mixture is injected is called Mezobotox or Botoxlift. In this case, the dose of botox is reduced accordingly.
BABY BOTOX® – is a new trend of injecting botox in lower doses, which allow you to achieve a natural look by slightly refreshing and slightly correcting your beauty. It’s about botox therapy, which will not create a perfectly modeled face without wrinkles and a natural look deprived of imperfections. This is a great alternative for people at an early age, whose genetic make-up forces them to eliminate the signs of premature aging.
CONTRAINDICATIONS / ADVERSE REACTIONS
Each time the doctor will qualify for the procedure after a thorough interview and examination. Only adults can undergo the treatment.
The contraindications of botox treatment include:
- pregnancy and lactation
- neuromuscular transmission disorders,
- the use of aminoglycoside and streptomycin antibiotics,
- use of anticoagulants, eg aspirin, continuous use of analgesics or anti-influenza drugs (in these cases, these drugs must be discontinued for 2 days),
- blood coagulation disorders.
In very rare cases, after surgery, a complication may occur in the form of a lack of toxin activity or an eyelid falling, a corner of the mouth or excessive eyebrows lift.
* The prices given are approximate, depend on the amount and type of preparation used. The final price of the procedure is determined with the doctor before the procedure.